The Women’s Business Council mission is to empower, recognize and inspire women in business and the community in the Lehigh Valley.
The Women’s Business Council provides information and a networking forum for women in management, professional and private enterprise. Monthly luncheons rotate between networking sessions and educational programs. Luncheon topics include health issues, sales and marketing strategies, personal growth and professional development.
For more information about the Women's Business Council, contact Danielle Joseph.
The Lehigh Valley Women’s Summit, an event organized by The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber’s Women’s Business Council, Cedar Crest College and United Way’s Women’s Leadership Council, is excited to announce the keynote speaker for their June 9th event is Piper Kerman. Piper Kerman is the author of a tell-all book of her experiences in prison on felony money-laundering charges which provided the basis for the Netflix sensation Orange Is the New Black. She published her best-selling memoir, Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison, in 2010. Since her days behind bars are over, Piper now speaks on justice reform and also depicts how being in prison can relate to the workplace – no one gets to choose who they work with. Piper shares her knowledge of how to deal with different personalities and get women to stand together. She explains how to make the best of unfortunate situations, bounce back from adversity, and emerge as a leader. Stay tuned for more information about next year’s Women Summit at Cedar Crest College!
2014 - 2015 Board
Darlene Pors- President
H.T. Lyons, Inc.
610-530-2601, Ext 101
Laura Azzalina- First Vice President
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
Iron Lakes Country Club
610-395-3369 Ext 232
Melissa Fritzinger Gerhardt
Legacy Planning Partners
484-765-9100, Ext 304
Dorota Gasienica-Kozak- Immediate Past President
King,Spry,Herman, Freund & Faul, LLC
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Carla Hickey- Vice President of Engagement
Girl Scouts of Eastern PA
610-791-2411, Ext 1505
Lehigh Valley Media Group
The Express-Times powering lehighvalleylive.com
610-258-7171 Ext. 3135
Cedar Crest College
610-606-4666, Ext 3318
New Tripoli Bank
Tina Hasselbusch - Vice President of Marketing
ASR Media Productions
Gladys Wiles- Vice President of Programs
Snyder & Wiles, PC
Women's Business Council Committees:
• Lehigh Valley Women's Summit: You've seen us in the news, so join the committee behind one of the best women's conferences in the state! This committee helps coordinate the annual event, from selecting speakers to marketing the event. New volunteers are welcome to contribute.
• Scholarship Committee: This committee plans what many members proclaim to be the most dynamic holiday event of the Chamber calendar year. With Chamber members selling holiday gift items, to the fabulous gift raffle benefiting our scholarship programs, this is a great committee in which to participate. This committee plans a spring fundraising event, as well as updates scholarship applications, distributes scholarship applications to local high schools and chooses the WBC scholarship recipients.
• Marketing Committee: This committee develops effective communications for our members and the community. It helps to promote the WBC’s mission, goals, accomplishments, events and programs. Look for The Networker, our monthly newsletter, distributed at each luncheon.
• Program Committee: This committee plans the monthly luncheons providing networking opportunities for women, and it also plans various programs to promote growth and development.
• Membership Committee: This is the welcoming committee for the Women’s Business Council. This committee greets and orients new attendees at the luncheons; brainstorms ways to better serve the membership and implements the new methods. The membership committee contacts new members of he Chamber to inform them of the WBC.
• Upcoming Events
• President's Message