The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce offers many valuable exclusive benefits to its members. As the largest Chamber in Pennsylvania and New Jersey with more than 200,000 employee members, The Chamber is able to negotiate cost-saving programs for services and products that are commonly used by businesses across the Valley.
The Chamber offers several exclusive benefit programs and will continue to add programs that are of a common interest to its membership. In addition to the exclusive benefit programs, there are also several member-to-member discount programs, which all members are encouraged to offer.
For more information about membership, contact Gina Martens.
• Member Benefits
• Additional Benefits
• Marketing Opportunities
Business Insurance: Penn National Insurance
Penn National Insurance is pleased to announce that a 5% dividend has been declared for Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce members who carry our group Property and Casualty Insurance for the 2011/2012 plan year.
If you are part of this program, you already received your dividend check! If you are not yet part of the Penn National Insurance program, don’t miss out on the opportunity to receive future dividend payments. It doesn't matter if your business is a $1,000 account or a $100,000 account. All accounts are welcomed into the program regardless of premium size, subject to underwriting guidelines.
You must be a Chamber member to participate, and the group program is available through all our member Penn National insurance agencies.
Health Insurance: Capital BlueCross
For 2014, The Chamber and Capital blueCross are developing new and innovative products that are compliant with the new law. Much more to come on this and other money saving programs.
Please contact any Capital BlueCross licensed broker or The Chamber’s consultants at Caruso Benefits Group, 610-865-0261 for information.
Voluntary Insurance: Aflac
Aflac’s nationwide service and reputation make it natural to offer to our members. Aflac policies are designed to pay cash benefits to employees to help cover expenses associated with serious illness or injury. Because Aflac products are employee owned, group rates apply and premiums are deducted on a “pre-tax” basis. These policies pay in addition to any other insurance policies your employees currently have. Plans include Personal Accident, Sickness & Catastrophic, and Specific Health & Cancer cash benefits. For more information, contact Bob or Maureen Friedman at 610-398-3727, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Insurance: Penn National Insurance
This program offers business insurance to qualified, participating member businesses at competitive prices with specialized coverage, claims and loss control services, plus the potential to earn dividends based on group loss experience. For more information, contact Program Administrators: John Yurconic Agency at 610-770-6600.
Prescription Assistance Program: The Valley Rx Card
The Chamber is proud to offer a FREE Prescription Assistance Program - The Valley Rx Card - as a way of responding to the rising costs of prescription drugs. The Valley Rx Card is FREE to all residents of the Greater Lehigh Valley area and provides savings of up to 75% on prescription drugs at most retail pharmacies. This program has no restrictions to membership, no income requirements, no age limitations, and there are no applications to fill out. Click here to download a flier which includes the Rx card at the bottom of the page. Click here to learn more about the program.
Intelligent Energy Solutions: Constellation
The Chamber’s Electricity Procurement Program provides access to competitive pricing for electricity as the Central Pennsylvania region lifted rate caps/deregulated. Constellation helps members like you develop intelligent energy management solutions to stabilize their energy budgets, reduce energy costs, improve facility operations, and advance sustainability goals. Learn more at www.constellation.com/lehigh.
Natural Gas Savings: Shipley Energy
This program provides members with savings on mounting natural gas costs. The program provides a discount on Shipley’s already competitive natural gas prices exclusively for Chamber member businesses. Members save on natural gas costs, as well as secure a locked-in rate for ease of budgeting and planning. This program is only offered in Pennsylvania.
Merchant/Credit Card Processing Program: EPS Financial
This program offers businesses special rates tailored to the individual merchant. Contact Paul Luongo at 484-546-2937 or email Paul.Luongo@epsfinancial.net.
Office Supplies & Furniture: Jiorle's Office Supplies
This program offers an average of 50-60% savings off manufacturer’s list price on more than 26,000 office supply items and an average of 30- 40% savings on furniture, janitorial supplies and technology products. These items are available for free next-day delivery. Individual price plans are developed for each customer based upon their unique needs. Orders may be placed online at www.jiorles.com, by phone at 908-454-3433 or via fax at 908-454-1748.
Recycling & Toner Cartridges: Recycle Rewards
This program enables businesses to dispose of and recycle toner cartridges and cell phones. Participating members receive free collection boxes, complete with pre-paid UPS return labels. This program does not accept previously recycled toner cartridges, only new cartridges. For information about boxes, shipping labels or the overall process, contact Recycle Rewards at 1-888-336-9181. (Refer to Chamber ID 94800.) Please specify your address.
Office Space: The Office Quarters/Allentown
Chamber members receive discounts on office suites and virtual office suites at The Office Quarters. The Office Quarters offers special packages for Chamber members that provide a range of spaces – both physical and virtual – as well as business services like telephone, internet, receptionist, copying, faxing, etc. For more information, contact Brenda Sheaffer/The Office Quarters, Allentown, at 484-224-3000, email@example.com, www.theofficequarters.com. Also, call The Chamber if you’re looking for lease space in other Lehigh Valley areas, as we work with Ashley Development Corporation/Bethlehem and Unistar Advisors/Easton.
Print-to-Digital Publishing: P2iWebBook
The Chamber has a program that helps maximize your printed marketing investment by transforming printed materials into a fully-functional digital publication, enhanced with a host of interactive features. Convert PDF files into hosted, interactive, web-based publications; create online versions of books, brochures and documents. This is also great for the small business owner that doesn’t have the time our resources to host a website. For more information, contact Tom Butera at 610-332-2884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Template: Constant Contact
Chamber Constant Contact offers e-mail templates as well as survey templates for every occasion to improve customer service and gather customer feedback. Plus, users get a lot of back-end functionality with reporting functions, so you can track who is reading your e-mails and what links they click on, etc. Chamber members get a 20% discount for 6-month contracts and 25% discount for 12-months. There are also discounts for non-profit organizations. To get started, contact email@example.com.
Several free “business after hours” mixers each month provide members with hundreds of contacts in the business community. It's a great way to make new acquaintances and generate business leads.
The Chamber offers numerous workshops and seminars designed with your business in mind. We will keep you informed of the latest “hot topics,” current market trends, cutting-edge technology, cost cutting measures and ways to maximize profits – all at a special “members only” price.
The Chamber is your voice in government. We address issues of concern to your business on the local, state and federal levels. We take proactive measures to ensure that government considers business objectives and viewpoints. We'll keep you informed of relevant issues through our newsletters and committee and council meetings. For more information, email Michelle Griffin Young.
Membership Plaque & Decal
Viewed by many as a source of pride and integrity! Display these prominently in your place of business to ensure that your visitors recognize you as a Chamber member.
Membership in The Chamber does have its privileges. Take advantage of the many discounts and special offers made available to you, as a Chamber member. Many companies tell us that the savings they experience exceeds their annual Chamber membership dues.
At The Chamber, we continue to find new ways to increase your value of Chamber membership. To learn more about Marketing Solutions offered by The Chamber, please contact Gina Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-739-1511. *Many of our Marketing Solutions listed below are FREE or low cost.
Advertising & Marketing (Included with Membership)
1. FREE Mailing List - As part of your membership, and to enhance your in-house sales and marketing efforts, we will send you an Excel spreadsheet (at your request) of our member mailing list. This list includes the company name and address and is updated monthly. This list does not include email addresses, phone or fax numbers. (Suggested use: Do a direct mail piece to nearly 5,000 members on our mailing list; Sort spreadsheet by zip code and target specific markets.) Contact Brandy Skorupsky at email@example.com. (Value $400)
2. FREE Listings (Social Media links included) - Members automatically receive free listings in the Membership Directory and on The Chamber’s website. New members are listed in the “New Member Spotlight” found in The Chamber’s monthly publication, Connections, as well as on The Chamber’s website, Blog and eConnections email blast. You can include your company’s social media links with your FREE website listing. (Value $350)
3. TRADE Radio Giveaways - Provide prizes for Chamber President Tony Iannelli to give away on your behalf when he joins Bobby Gunther-Walsh on WAEB AM 790 every Friday morning at 7:40 a.m., (40,000 listeners) for “Chat with the Chamber.” Tony mentions the business or event on the air. Contact Gina Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this opportunity. (Value $150)
4. FREE Member News/Press Releases/Media List - Submit about 50 words about new programs, offerings, employee promotions, news, etc. The Chamber’s monthly publication, Connections, regularly includes member news content in a special section called “Member News.” Your material may be included as time and space allows. Full press releases with an educational topic for members may also be submitted for The Chamber’s Blog as time and space allows. In addition, The Chamber can email its Media List to you upon request. A press release template is also available. Contact Brandy Skorupsky at email@example.com for Connections and the media list. Contact Gina Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org for The Chamber’s blog. (Value $200)
5. FREE Radio Spots - Connoisseur Media offers FREE Radio Spots and a free marketing consultation. You receive (15) Free 60-second commercial ads on 107.1 the Bone or 1230/1320 ESPN Radio. Or ask about how you can be on 99.9 the Hawk and receive $500 off a standard *$2500 schedule. Offer is for new advertisers only and can only be redeemed once. To redeem this offer, contact Michael Anthony at 610-829-5532 or email@example.com. *$2500 Standard schedule = (30) 60-second commercials to air Monday-Sunday 6a-12m - must be used within 45 days of receiving your chamber membership. (Min. Value = $500)* *Value depends on station choices
6. FREE Newspaper Advertising - The Morning Call: Receive one FREE black and white Advertisement in the Morning Call Newspaper (ad unit 10, full-run) upon purchase of one Advertisement (ad unit 10, full-run) as a special welcome to Chamber Members. Members must inquire within 90 days of joining The Chamber. Some restrictions apply, contact the Morning Call for details. Contact Jim Ottinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 778-2261. (Value over $1,074)
7. FREE Coupon Page/Coupon Submission - Every member and all their employees can take advantage of The Chamber’s Coupon Page, which provides Member-to-Member discounts on almost anything you can think of! Just visit www.LehighValleyChamber.org/Coupons. Submit a coupon for your business online via Members Only section of the Chamber’s website. With more than 1,000 hits a month, these coupons are virtually guaranteed to drive new business to your door. Furthermore, through our Coupon of the Day program, your coupon can be featured exclusively on our Facebook, Twitter and Blog. Contact Gina Martens at email@example.com for more information. (Value varies, depending on the value of the offer submitted)
8. Business Referrals - The Chamber receives hundreds of inquiries from companies and individuals both inside and outside of the Lehigh Valley. Referrals are made, whenever possible, exclusively to Chamber members. Your expanded business description helps us identify the appropriate member to recommend. (Value $100)
9. FREE Member of the Day - If you have a particular event, special, press release or member-to-member discount that you want to promote, we are happy to help you do so! We’ll put a link to your website and special event/press release on the top of our blog and in our Facebook & Twitter status. Contact Gina Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.(Value $100)
10. FREE Guest Blog Post - The Chamber’s Blog is read by more than 1,500 people a month and is a great way for a member to gain free exposure and the new business that comes with it. Any Chamber member is entitled to write a guest blog entry on the Friday blog. The topic can be wide-ranging and related to anything in your industry. While not a direct advertisement, these entries give you the chance to talk about something relevant and topical in your industry, demonstrate your expertise and prove your value to Chamber members and blog readers. Contact Gina Martens at email@example.com for more information. (Value $100)
11. FREE Link on the Blog - Let us know your website URL or Blog address and we will happily add it to the link list on our blog. This can help drive traffic and enhance your website’s Search Engine Optimization. Contact Gina Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. (Value $25)
12. FREE Community Events - Calendar Listings - Businesses can submit their community event information for posting on The Chamber’s website under Programs/Events by clicking on “Submit an Event.” (Value $100)
Additional Advertising & Marketing (For a Nominal Fee)
1. Affordable Connections Advertising - Monthly Publication - The Chamber has a monthly publication (circ. 6,500) called Connections. Ad placements range from eighth- to full-page. All ads are full color. Insertions/flier advertising is also available inside Connections. There are discounts for frequency in advertising for display ads. Contact Brandy Skorupsky at email@example.com for more information. Be sure to check out the digital version at www.LehighValleyChamber.org/Connections.
2. Affordable Website Advertising - Banner and logo advertising are available for your company to gain the greatest exposure through The Chamber’s website (www.LehighValleyChamber.org), which currently gets between 60,000 - 85,000 hits each month. Your advertisement would have a direct click-through to your company’s website or designated URL. Contact Gina Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3. Affordable Membership Directory Advertising - Each year, The Chamber publishes a Membership Directory that is circulated throughout its membership. Members regularly use this directory to choose vendors. The directory is another great tool to generate new business through display advertising. Contact Jennifer Rodgers at email@example.com for more information.
4. Featured Member / Enhanced Website Listing - Appear in the top of any search for your primary category listing on The Chamber’s website directory with an increased font size, highlighted color and your logo. In addition, you will receive a second business category of your choice for FREE. When your listing is “clicked on,” your logo will appear along with our “Featured Member” logo. You may also include a photo and YouTube video (promoting your business) on this webpage. (No more than 10% of a business category can participate. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.) Contact Brandy Skorupsky at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. Cost Effective Email Advertising and Surveys - The Chamber will send your email promotion or survey to its address list as a “paid advertisement” or “paid survey” on selected Mondays (reservation suggested 30 days prior to requested date). The Chamber also has a weekly email newsletter (Thursdays) called eConnections. You can submit special events for the e-Connections Member Spotlight at no charge. Banner advertising is available. Contact Brandy Skorupsky at email@example.com for more information.
6. Featured Member of the Month / Integrated Marketing Solution - This opportunity uses various medias to get your business message to your target audience. Package includes: full page advertorial in Connections, highlighted presence on The Chamber’s website, email blast, highlighted on The Chamber’s social media outlets, radio (business mentioned on Gunther Morning Show), and more! A package for new businesses includes a grand opening/ribbon cutting. Contact Jennifer Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
7. A Wide Range of Sponsorship Opportunities - Event sponsorships marry traditional advertising and public relations benefits in a unique package available exclusively to Chamber members. Many of our sponsorships include advertising opportunities such as direct mail, print and online advertising. On the PR side, nearly all of our sponsorships include complimentary tickets to the sponsored event. Higher levels of sponsorship may include the opportunity to address the audience on behalf of your organization and a variety of additional event-based visibility. Not to mention, the inherent value present for member businesses which demonstrate their support of The Chamber and its commitment to the community through their sponsorship investment. Contact Frank Facchiano at email@example.com for more information.
8. Grand Openings / Ribbon Cuttings / Anniversary Celebrations / Mixers - Let The Chamber’s professional event planning services work for you! From planning and media releases to registrations and publicity, The Chamber can help you make your company event shine! Contact Jennifer Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Certificate of Origin Procedures
The Chamber is able to provide your business a template and endorsement for Certificates of Origin. The Chamber can counsel you on any additional endorsements that may be required. Certificates of Origin ensure that your overseas shipment will be within the parameters of foreign customs regulations and, thus, their delivery expedited. Please call (610) 841-5800 for more information.
Member Rate: $25 / Non-Member Rate: $50
Unlimited Annual Bulk Rate: Members: $500 / Non-Members: Not Available
• Certificate of Origin Procedures
• Certificate of Origin Template - Lehigh County
• Certificate of Origin Template - Northampton County
• US Department of Export